Whirlwind Romance

A rush of emotion dropped a veil over all but the tiny world of the two people in seats 11A and 11B, in a jet plane floating somewhere over the Atlantic, in a still moment in time.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Please Welcome E. Ayers and ALL her New Releases

Waving hello to all your readers! Thanks so much for having me here. It’s been totally hectic lately as I’m actually releasing several books this month. But it’s all been a good kind of crazy, and by the end of this month, I’m going to stop long enough to catch my breath!
http://amzn.com/B00KV0AZVI
It all started when the Authors of Main Street decided that we’d do a wedding-themed boxed set. My character decided to open her own bridal gown design business. So I jumped in and started writing. Suddenly I knew I was in trouble. We were all shooting for the twenty-five thousand word mark, figuring that’s a nice evening read for each story in the set. I was almost at that mark and nowhere near finished. I’d have to throw it away and start over.
One of the other Main Street authors suggested I use someone from that bridal salon and write a second story, since most of the authors had decided to buy wedding gowns from my character’s salon. I looked at my story and knew I had the perfect character for a second story. Julia is the adopted daughter of the hero in With This Ring. I wrote her story, went back and finished the first one, cleaned up the second one and sent it to my editor, and then sent my editor the first one.

My first story is novel length, With This Ring, and the second story, I Thee Wed, is a novella. Both those stories will be released on their own June 16. But the second story, I Thee Wed, is included in the boxed set, Weddings on Main Street by the Authors of Main Street. Eleven Main Street authors have stories in the boxed set and each is a new story.
For those who don’t know the Authors of Main Street, we’ve been blogging together for several years, and we’re all good friends. I couldn’t be prouder to be part of such a wonderful group of authors. So many are award winners, hold all sorts of industry accolades, and most all of us have spent weeks or months on Amazon’s top 100-author list. When your name is listed with all the greats and you look around and see your friends, the feeling is unreal. What binds us together is we all write contemporary romances suitable for Main Street. That means we’re not too hot or too sweet, just right in the middle. So many are well known in their genre. Joan Reeves, Tori Scott, Mona Risk, Stephanie Queen, Pepper Phillips. Jill James, Susan R. Hughes. Leigh Morgan, Kelly Rae, Kristy Tate, Carol DeVaney, Bella Street, and yours truly, E. Ayers; we’re the baker’s dozen of contemporary romance.
I’ll give you the thumbnail version of both my stories. With This Ring is dress designer meets man with seven children from previous marriages. They’ve both have been burned by relationships. She’s trying to build a company, and he’s trying to help her.
I Thee Wed is young woman meets young man, and sparks fly. But she’s got plenty to do before she can say I do. And a family secret changes a lot of things!
I had so much fun writing these stories. DeeDee is a great character. At thirty-one, she’s mature and working towards her dream of her own designer business. Cody is responsible for seven children, and those children don’t always get along. He tries to be a good father, but he’s far from perfect. He’s made some mistakes when it comes to women, but he’s learned from those mistakes, and he’s willing to try again.
When Julia went to work for DeeDee, she found her niche. She’s thrilled to be at Main Street Bridal Salon. Meeting Aaron lights a fire in her that she can’t ignore. She has no clue who she really is or what she wants to do, but Aaron knows what he wants, and he wants Julia.
Before June is over I’ll be releasing another River City novel, Campaign. This is my seventh River City book. Each book is about young urbanites. There is a loose connection between all the stories, because these are the young movers and shakers in the city. River City novel can be read alone, but it’s fun to read them in order.
Brad Shoemaker was blindsided when he discovered that love could be silent. Katheryn “Ryn” Demary is mute. But when Mayor Bruno Giovanni is forced into early retirement, he chooses Brad to run in his place. Ryn is determined to campaign at Brad’s side, but instead of being an asset, she just might be his biggest liability. Ryn finds herself campaigning not just for Brad to become mayor but for his love. Politics can get dirty and Ryn’s caught in the middle.

***

Here’s an excerpt from I Thee Wed (Julia and Aaron’s Story).

Aaron’s lips traveled to her ear. “I know what I want, and I knew it the first day I laid eyes on you.”
There was no fumble. Julia was pressed hard against him. Her body burned. His lips toyed with her earlobe and tugged lightly on the earring that hung from it. Then his lips traveled back to her mouth. Her body smoldered, but his hands stayed splayed on her back.
His lips left hers and as her eyes flickered open, she found golden-green eyes staring at her.
“Oh, yeah, we’re going to have to have a very long discussion about this relationship, because I intend to keep you forever.”
She backed away from him. Her hands trembled as she took her seat and attempted to fix her coffee.
He sat across from her, but his gaze never left her. “Julia, if that was just kissing, please tell me, because it sure felt like much more.”
She blinked, hoping to shut out the intensity of his gaze – a gaze that warmed her blood almost to the point of boiling. Heat still flowed from her chest to her cheeks. “You mean like fireworks and volcanoes erupting?”
“Yeah.”
“I know. I don’t think I can drink my coffee. I could use a really cold shower.”
“I’d better take you home before we’re both in over our heads.”

***
Would you like to win a copy of With This Ring (DeeDee and Cody’s Story, the novel? Leave a comment with your email address and I’ll toss your name in the hat for a free copy. Don’t forget to pick up your copy of the boxed set, Weddings on Main Street. This is a limited time offer to our readers. You’ve got to promise to read to the very end, so you can read my story. Well, I certainly couldn’t go first and give away all the secrets in the other books!
I’ll be in and out all day to answer your questions and read your responses. Right now, I need coffee and chocolate, because Weddings on Main Street supposed to be live today at all the big ebook retailers.



The trailer for the boxed set can be found here:

***
Where to Find E. Ayers on the Web

(Twitter)

(Shared Blog)

(Blog)

(Amazon Author Page)

(Authors of Main Street Newsletter)


Other Books by E. Ayers

Wanting (A River City Novel)
A New Beginning (A River City Novel)
A Challenge (A River City Novel)
Forever (A River City Novel)
A Son (A River City Novel)
A Child's Heart (A River City Novel)
Campaign (A River City Novel) coming in June 2014
Coming Out of Hiding (a novel)
With This Ring (a novel) available June 16, 2014
I Thee Wed (a novella) available June 16, 2014
Weddings on Main Street (boxed set) available June 9, 2014
A Fine Line (a novella) *
Mariners Cove (a novella)
Ask Me Again (a novella)
A Skeleton at Her Door (a novella)
A Snowy Christmas in Wyoming (a novella) *
A Cowboy's Kiss in Wyoming (a novella) *
A Love Song in Wyoming (a novella) *
A Calling in Wyoming (a novella) *

A Rancher’s Woman (a historical novel)
Sweetwater Springs Christmas (anthology) *

* sweeter reads




14 comments:

E. Ayers said...

Hi Everyone! Our boxed set just went live a few hours ago. So I figured you just might like the link to it!

http://amzn.com/B00KV0AZVI

I promise, they are all great books!

Morganne MacDonald said...

Beautiful work on the Author's of Main Street Box set! Can't wait to read, I Thee Wed as well as all the stories in the set! Such beautiful covers as well. Well Done, E.!

E. Ayers said...

Thanks, Morganna! And thanks for stopping by the blog.

Mona Risk said...

Congratulations E. I love your trailer.

Melissa Keir said...

Both stories sound wonderful and congrats on your boxed set! I wish you all the best!

M. S. Spencer said...

Sounds like everyone's enjoying your post, E! M. S.

E. Ayers said...

Thanks, Mona. My trailer can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzOzgpm9nM

and the official video for the boxed set Weddings on Main Street can be found here:
http://youtu.be/QyGDEVPT5NM

E. Ayers said...

Thanks for visiting me today, Melissa! I'll take whatever luck anyone wants to toss my way!

E. Ayers said...

Thanks, M! It's always fun being here and visiting with you and your readers. You've got a great blog!

M. S. Spencer said...

I added in the trailer link and the book buy link on the post. M. S.

E. Ayers said...

Thanks so much! We didn't even have a buy link until late last night!

Joan Reeves said...

WTG, E. (Worked hard to leave a comment with all initials *g*)

E. Ayers said...

Hi, Joan, good to see you here!

E. Ayers said...

Thanks so much for allowing me to share all my good news with your readers.
We are now live on Kobo:
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/weddings-on-main-street
I'll check back tonight to see if anyone else has left any comments or has questions. It's been hectic and exciting.