Whirlwind Romance

A rush of emotion dropped a veil over all but the tiny world of the two people in seats 11A and 11B, in a jet plane floating somewhere over the Atlantic, in a still moment in time.

Monday, February 29, 2016

New Romantic Mystery from the Great Mark Love

Please welcome my good friend Mark Love. He’s presenting us with another installment in the intriguing adventures of Jamie Richmond and her Malone. Mark, tell us about Fleeing Beauty.

Thanks for having me (I mean, here on your blog)  M. S.

Fleeing Beauty is the third book in the Jamie Richmond series. As with the previous two books, this is set in the Detroit area.  Although it wasn’t done intentionally (at least I’ll never admit otherwise) this book became a little steamier than its predecessors. 
Jamie is a former reporter turned novelist. She’s a stubborn redhead with a fierce sense of loyalty and a small circle of loyal friends who know they can always count on her.  For the last nine months, she has been enjoying the romantic attentions of Malone, a police officer who is always by her side, or close to it.

Inkspell Publishing, 2/29/2016
Contemporary romance/mystery
Ebook, 80,000 words, Print 285 p.

Blurb:
A discovery of priceless artwork leads Jamie on a collision course with danger.

Jamie Richmond used to live a nice, quiet life. But last fall she witnessed the shooting of a police officer and figured out who did it. Then this winter saw her best friend targeted by a stalker and kidnapped. Yep, Jamie solved that one too and came to the rescue. Now it’s summertime and the living is supposed to be easy. All she wants to do is write her novels and spend free time with Malone, the guy who has been by her side since all this craziness began. But that’s not likely to happen.

Jamie’s father was a very successful sculptor who tragically died more than twenty years ago when she was just a child. What she remembers about him is little more than bits and pieces. A storeroom filled with crates of his work is discovered in an old converted factory. This potential fortune in artwork has been hidden all these years.

Jamie recruits Malone and a few close friends to help her unpack the crates and bring her father’s masterpieces out to the light of day. News of this discovery leads to a robbery. Now Jamie is determined to figure out who is behind the crime.

Buy links:

Excerpt (R): Malone’s Fingers

Malone?”
“Hush, Jamie. I want you to do exactly what I say.”
He switched off the light. Malone guided me back to the cushions, only now I was kneeling with my back to him. I could feel the stubble of his beard lightly scratching my shoulders. A tingling sensation raced along my arms as Malone’s hot breath warmed my shoulder blades. Now his lips were slowly moving down the ladder of my spine. I couldn’t move.
A solitary fingertip lightly slid down the back of my arm. He was barely touching me, but oh, baby, where he was touching and how he was touching was setting me on fire. He shifted lower. I cried out in surprise when Malone nipped me with his teeth, lightly grazing my back. The fingertip continued to graze my arm.
I felt his lips move back to my spine. Now his tongue flicked out and danced the rest of the way down. Then his fingernails were lightly scratching my legs from the hips to the thighs while he continued to kiss the bottom of my spine. I was shaking. A solitary fingertip glided across the back of my knee.
“Take me. I can’t stand it.”
“Soon, Jamie. Soon.”
“Now, Malone, please!”
His palm squeezed my left calf. My orgasm was building so intensely, I was going to implode. His lips danced across the cheeks of my ass. He nipped me again.
“You’re killing me!”
I felt him press against me. I was so wet, so aroused, I screamed when he entered me. My body was quivering, delightful spasms causing my whole being to quake. Never before had I experienced something so intense, so overpowering. And still he held me, driving me forward, urging me on for more. I screamed again as he exploded inside me.

About the Author:
Mark Love, Author
Mark Love (yes, that’s really his name) lived for many years in the metropolitan Detroit area, where crime and corruption are always prevalent.  A former freelance reporter, Love is the author of four mysteries, “Why 319?” “Devious” “Vanishing Act” and “Fleeing Beauty” and several short stories.

Love resides in west Michigan with his wife, Kim. He enjoys a wide variety of music, books, cooking, travel and the great outdoors. Love is currently working on several other novels.



Contacts:

No comments: