Whirlwind Romance

A rush of emotion dropped a veil over all but the tiny world of the two people in seats 11A and 11B, in a jet plane floating somewhere over the Atlantic, in a still moment in time.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Protecting Her Pigg--Hot Romance from Melissa Keir

Today we welcome Melissa Keir. She’s going to talk about her book Protecting Her Pigg, part of the anthology Summer Heat: Love on Fire releasing May 24. Summer Heat features 16 brand new short and sexy contemporary romance from best-selling authors, presenting the most sizzling romances ever. Pre-order price is 99 cents!

But first, let’s get to Melissa. Tell us something we don’t know about you.

First off, I doesn’t believe in down time.  I’m always keeping busy.  I’m a wife and mother, an elementary school teacher, a book reviewer, owner of a publishing company as well as an author. My home blends two families and is a lot like the Brady Bunch, without Alice—a large grocery bill, tons of dirty dishes, and a mound of laundry. I love to write stories that feature happy endings and you can often find me plotting my next story.

So now you are up-to-date…but there’s something you don’t know about me. When I was sixteen, I wanted to be a police detective. Yes. A cop! Was it the uniform? The gun? The fast car? All the hot guys? Nope. None of those. It was the horses! I considered becoming a mounted police officer. I wanted to ride a horse to patrol the big city and keep citizens safe. And if I couldn’t get a horse, I’d be a K-9 officer.

Then one day I wised up. First, there was a tough basic physical training program. And I am not a runner or into anything healthy. Then, I would have to probably move to somewhere like New York City because small towns in Ohio don’t have mounted police. I’m not a city girl. So I gave up my dream to be a police officer and now just write about strong women who go above and beyond in the line of duty.

Lily O’Neill is such a character. In Protecting Her Pigg, she’s the daughter of a former chief and stands tall in the male dominated arson investigation field.
Protecting Her Pigg


Arson and fire bring them together, but what will cause the most damage…the arsonist bent on revenge or their own stubborn ways?

Excerpt (PG): Meet Mr. Pigg
When the call came, I pulled my long hair into a ponytail and quickly left for the crime scene. I’d constantly felt I needed to be tougher and better than everyone else, especially as a girl in a man’s world. I didn’t want any person to second-guess why I’d been given the job. No one could accuse me of nepotism.
Arriving on the scene, the smell of smoke with the tang of gasoline assaulted my lungs. The building was a total loss. It bothered me to see something once so beautiful destroyed.
“Sir, you can’t be here,” the officer I’d assigned to the perimeter yelled.
Turning toward the commotion, I witnessed a tall, dark-haired man storming toward me with violence in his approach. Sizing up the advancing danger, I threw my shoulders back and met the man halfway.
“This is my building. Who are you, and what do you know so far?” His gravel voice caused goose bumps to form on my skin.
“I’m sorry, Mr…?” Up close, the man took my breath away. His features weren’t “pretty boy” beautiful, but striking. Chiseled chin, full lips, slightly curved nose. Must have been broken at one time.
“Pigg, Lucas Pigg. And you are?”
Caught staring at his lips, I almost missed the question. “I’m Lily O’Neill, chief arson investigator. We don’t know much so far. I’ve only begun my investigation. This wasn’t an accident. It was set with gasoline as the accelerant. The smell is noticeable. I have some questions for you. I’d like to meet you in my office to talk.” No matter how good-looking, Mr. Pigg was my first suspect.
“You can’t think I did this.” Anger tinged his voice.
Even with my small stature, I wasn’t about to back down. Stepping closer, our gazes met and tempers flared.
“Look, Mr. Pigg.” My own voice grew louder, like a barking dog defending its territory. “Everyone’s a suspect until they’re eliminated. I’m looking forward to asking you some questions. You may want to bring your lawyer.”
His eyes narrowed. “Fine. I’ll meet you in your office.”
With his declaration, I turned toward the scene and sought out the fire chief. No man’s going to stop me from doing my job.

I hope you enjoyed another sneak peek into my life and my writing. Feel free to stop by my website for more shenanigans and information. http://www.melissakeir.com


Boxed set, 16 stories, 745 pp.
Released May 24, 2016, Chill Out Publishing
Authors:
Caridad Pineiro, Nina Bruhns, Rebecca York, Jennifer Lowery, Tailor Lee, Traci Hall, Stephanie Queen, Kathy Ivan, Jackie Ivie, Michele Hauf, Rachelle Ayala, Katy Walters, Melissa Keir, Dani Haviland, Jacquie Biggar, and Angelique Armae.

Join our release day party May 24/16:

We're giving away a Kindle loaded with books from the best selling authors of Summer Heat! There will chatting, games, and plenty of giveaways. Join us for the fun!



Buy Links:


Contacts for Anthology:

Melissa Keir
Contacts for Melissa Keir:





4 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you for having me by today. I also considered joining the military but basic training scared me too much. I saw Private Benjamin and knew I couldn't handle the rain and mud...

M. S. Spencer said...

Love having you! I think everyone could use a little basic training--straighten us out! M. S.

jbiggar said...

Do you use a planner to keep everything straight? :)

Melissa Keir said...

I use a calendar and a spreadsheet. I try to write everything down. Sadly, I still make some mistakes but I do my best.