Monday, June 6, 2022

My Maine mysteries

 My Maine Mysteries



Many of you know I write mysteries—you might call them cozy although I don’t usually feature a baker or cat lover. I like to use settings that are familiar to me, so many are set in the places I live or have lived. Two novels are set in the tiny town of Amity Landing, in Maine.

The Penhallow Train Incident

If you enjoy mysterious strangers, quirky romance, small town intrigue, more than one murder, and hidden treasure, you’ll love The Penhallow Train Incident. Set in Maine, it nonetheless manages to import Middle Eastern archaeologists, who set the hero and heroine on a search not just for the murderer, but for the tomb of the Queen of Sheba.

Mrs. Spinney’s Secret

What do you do when Hollywood wants to make a movie in your tiny Maine village? Cassidy Beauvoir, chairman of the board of overseers of Amity Landing, is ready to throw the bums out until she meets Jasper MacEwan, the director of American Waterloo: the Rout of the Penobscot Expedition. Their budding romance is threatened by a series of deadly incidents. Are they directed at the movie crew? Or is the target local Mainers?


No comments: