Whirlwind Romance

A rush of emotion dropped a veil over all but the tiny world of the two people in seats 11A and 11B, in a jet plane floating somewhere over the Atlantic, in a still moment in time.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A poem

This is for you, you know who you are.

Zelda I miss you    
What made me look away the day
You left
What distracted me from
Your goodbye?
Every day since then has been morose
A kind of khaki empty grey
Even candles couldn’t penetrate
I walk through the fuzzy layers
Of memory bits here & there jumping up to bite
My eyes close
Closing on the hope
Zelda won’t come back.

I saw her in a crowded room I kissed
Her on the cheek I
Concentrated on other conversations
Keeping her near
Keeping her in hindsight
But when I was ready to talk to acknowledge to be
With her
The bus had gone
Taking her with it.

Still
I don’t know
What
I might have done

No comments: