Whirlwind Romance

A rush of emotion dropped a veil over all but the tiny world of the two people in seats 11A and 11B, in a jet plane floating somewhere over the Atlantic, in a still moment in time.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Valkyrie Slumbering~Lilly Van Horn's New Fantasy

Today I’m welcoming Lilly Van Horn to Tale Spinner. She has a wonderful new erotic fantasy novella out entitled Valkyrie Slumbering. Published by Inferno Press February 21, this is her first romance/erotica fantasy. She'd love to give a copy of it to one lucky reader. Be sure to leave your email address with your comment to be entered to win!

Lilly, welcome! What brought you to write Valkyrie Slumbering?

I’ve always been fascinated by Viking lore and thought a story based on it could make an incredibly sexy romance. It took me so long to get to it, though, because I’ve been holding back, taming down my writing over the years and I knew I couldn’t do that to do this story justice. Finally, I tore free from the false need to keep my writing ‘clean’ and wrote the story as it wanted to be written.

Can you give us a summary?

After the murder of her father, Kyra's heart is consumed by the need for revenge. The hunt is all that matters. But a chance crossing of paths with the alluring and mysterious Grim threatens to derail her focus and her quest. Something about him draws her in, melts her walls, and speeds her heart. Like her, he is half Alfhiem, but it's more than that. He's funny, considerate, and treats her as an equal even in battle, something most of the Vikings of her native homeland would never do.

Steamy nights are one thing, but Kyra can't allow her heart to become wrapped up with anyone, not until she finds and kills the man who murdered her father. Traveling across the countryside with Grim, though, challenges her resolve in more ways than she thought possible. She still hungers for the hunt but that hunger begins to dim in comparison to the one that grows inside her for Grim.

Creatures that could only be from the legendary land of Midgard interrupt their hunt again and again, creatures that shouldn't exist in this realm. Soon it becomes unclear whether or not Kyra and Grim are the hunters, or the hunted. But who would hunt them, and why?

Sounds like a gripping story. How about a teaser?

“Oh, yes,” I finally say before grasping his leather tunic and pulling him down for a kiss.
Fire dances across me as our lips brush. Though I meant to keep it brief, I’m drawn in like a moth. My lips urge his apart, and I thrust my tongue into his mouth. He tastes of molasses. Sparks spread into me as his tongue dances with mine, making me want to press against him and feel how hard that body really is. But I don’t. Instead I pull back.
Before he can recover, I turn on my heel and start to walk briskly away. His boots pad softly against the cobblestones as he jogs after me. Damn, I’ve done it now.

Where can we buy Valkyrie Slumbering?
Buy links:
Amazon / Barnes and Noble

And where can readers find you?

Blog / Pinterest / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook


2 comments:

M. S. Spencer said...

Welcome Lilly! M. S.

L VanHorn said...

Thank you so much M.S.!