Friday, December 21, 2018

Stranger Things are Sighted on Amelia Island than Corpses



I’ve told you about the crazy history of Amelia Island, setting for my new mystery romance Flotsam & Jetsam: the Amelia Island Affair. What I didn’t tell you is that odd things continue to happen on the island—and I don’t just mean murders. When I was visiting the island a couple of years ago, I saw a great crowd of tourists ogling at something. When I got closer I saw it was the Wienermobile! Yes, it still exists (see photo).

Couldn’t help but put it in the book. Here’s a bit:

They passed a large gathering on the sidewalk. Many were pointing and taking pictures. Ellie stopped. “Must be something going on.”

Simon stood on tiptoe to peer over the arms brandishing cell phones in the air. “Why, it’s the Wienermobile!”
Just then the pack parted, revealing a red hot dog in a bright yellow bun the size of a blue whale sitting on top of a souped-up station wagon. Simon turned excitedly to Ellie. “I drove one of these back in college. Great summer job.”
“You’re kidding.” Ellie looked at her companion with a mixture of awe and mirth. “You have hidden depths.”
“Aw, shucks. Actually, I think that’s how I landed the job in the park service.”
“I guess it really stood out on an otherwise humdrum resume.”




Wild Rose Press, December 17, 2018
Mainstream Mystery, Cozy Mystery, Humorous/Romantic Comedy
Rating: Spicy (PG13) 
430 p.





No comments: